Thursday, February 25, 2010

Eating In Week Day 4: Spring Rolls

It's Day 4 of Eating In Week and I had a lunch date with Emily at my house.  I've been craving Asian food, so I made spring rolls for the first time!  To prep for it, I made some baked tofu.  You can purchase spring roll wrappers (rice paper) at Asian grocery stores, in the Asian food section or at Whole Foods.  Then you slice up some vegetables, make some rice, wet the rice paper (5 minutes in warm water), roll up the veggies, tofu and rice and serve with soy sauce or Asian peanut dip.  


We stuffed our rolls with baked tofu, cucumber, red pepper, cilantro, green onion, rice, carrots, and purple cabbage.


The whole experience was fun, interesting and a nice way to spend some time with my friend.

1 comment:

  1. I've made Spring Rolls before with friends - it IS fun! And these look yummy! P.S. Found your blog by searching Houston bloggers! Check mine out if you want and note I'm giving away a $59 Stella & Dot necklace! It ends Monday!!

    --http://stacysaysblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete