Sunday, February 14, 2010

Awwww yum Artichoke Spinach Dip

Thanks to my fellow bloggers for their inspiration.  On Friday night, I took Kiran's lead and had a at home date night with this delicious warm artichoke spinach dip.  Kiran used a recipe from The Kind Diet for her version, which you can find on her blog Wish.  I made a few more of my own changes.  It's easy to make this recipe vegan or non-vegan.  Veganaise seemed to work quite well instead of mayonnaise.  We served it with corn tortilla chips and little toasts.  Savor!

Preheat oven to 350F.  Combine in a bowl:

1 can drained artichoke hearts
1 cup spinach (I used frozen)
1 cup Veganaise (or mayonnaise)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (vegan or dairy)
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Blend everything together and fold into a glass baking dish.  Top with additional 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.  Bake 30 minutes until warm and cheese on top is slightly toasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment