Thursday, November 26, 2009

Oh My Gosh- I Am In Love With These Chocolate Cookies



I confess- I am a complete addict to these chewy chocolate cookies.  There is no comparison.  I found this recipe in the NY Magazine website.  I made two small modifications:  I substituted pecans and I reduced the vanilla.  They are so good that we made a batch yesterday, ate them all and made another batch today.  Yum!

Here's my version.

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.  Trust me, this step is necessary or you'll lose half your cookies on the baking sheets.

Mix together:

3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon salt

Once mixed, drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets.  Bake 14 minutes.  Cookies will be shiny on the outside and chewy on the inside.  Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. Really? not a drop of flour? reminds me of a flourless chocolate cake....sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete