Friday, September 25, 2009

Eating Locally in Nanaimo BC

So, this vacation has been very nourishing as we have been eating loads of fresh fruits and vegetables from the farmers markets and the garden.  We have enjoyed beets, leeks, garlic, potatoes, chanterelle mushrooms, brussel sprouts, apples, grapes, pears, currants, raspberries, strawberries, herbs and more herbs.  Check out the pics of our local fruits and vegetables and for more information on local eating, go to http://www.sustainabletable.org/.

Recipes to follow this week with local ingredients.









1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to leave you a comment, and tell you that I love your site! I got your blog link from our mutual friend Mark. Great photo of the brussel sprout stalk.

    I just bought some 8-Ball squash (which I've never heard of or worked with before) from the Dallas Farmers' Market, and I can't wait to test them out in your zucchini soup.

    -Linds from the MuffinTin Post

    ReplyDelete