Friday, January 8, 2010

I Love Chocolate and This Chocolate is Love


 
A couple of weeks ago, I emailed my favorite chocolate company, Endangered Species Chocolate, and asked to try some organic bars.  I received my samples yesterday with much excitement.  They were very, very well packed (including an ice pack).  I have only one small suggestion- less packaging for shipping please!  That huge box contained 3 chocolate bars. Do you know about Endangered Species Chocolate?  Besides making superb, delicious chocolate, there are so many things to love about this brand:

  1. The chocolate is fair trade, thus promoting healthy working conditions for cocoa farmers in other countries.
  2. 10% of their profits are donated to wildlife preservation, habitat conservation and humanity.
  3. Their products are packaged with recycled, recyclable soy-printed labels.
  4. They sell organic, vegan, gluten free, kosher chocolate and more!
  5. Their products are made in the USA in a green facility.
  6. Their mission is to make the planet better for all creatures who live here.

I discovered Endangered Species Chocolate about 4 years ago when I learned about fair trade, especially fair trade chocolate.  Since then, I have been a little bit addicted.  I pick up at least one bar every time I grocery shop!  Since their chocolate is so rich, a bar lasts longer than junk chocolate- it's worth savoring!  I have two favorite bars:  Dark Chocolate with Hazelnut Toffee and Milk Chocolate with Cherries.

Thank you Tina for the samples.  I sampled Organic Dark Chocolate with Cherry, Organic Dark Chocolate with Orange and Organic Dark Chocolate.  They were all so rich and dreamy, the chocolate almost melts in your mouth immediately!  The flavor is strong, tangy, but comforting with no hint of waxiness.  The fruit flavoring is subtle, but very complimentary.



Once again, Endangered Species Chocolate, thank you for making your wonderful products conscientiously and sending me samples.  Peace and happy chocolate eating!  L

No comments:

Post a Comment