Saturday, January 2, 2010

Delectable Delicata Squash: Stuffed and Irresistable



I have a crazy thing about squash-  if I a see a squash at the grocery the store that I have never seen before, I am compelled to buy and cook it.  Last week I picked up some organic delicata squash.  I'm not sure why, but it's referred to as a novelty squash.  Since most winter squashes are very similar I decided to experiment with it like acorn, pumpkin, butternut and other squashes.  Here it is stuffed and broiled.  Smile, it's squash.

Cut delicata in half and scoop out seeds.  Microwave with 1/2 water in a glass pan until guts are soft.

Stuff each half with the following:

walnuts
cream cheese
sunflower seeds
raisins

Sprinkle with allspice and garlic salt.  Broil in the oven until squash skin is toasted (3 to 4 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment